Long time no entry! Between Christmas and lack of internet connection, Livejournal took a back seat this past week. How were everyone's Christmases? Let's get caught up.
01. We're not going to talk about my Christmas. Not that it was bad
. It was just...family. Another thing we're not going to talk about is the current state of Broadway.com. Whatthefuckisthat?
02. I have tickets to see Next to Normal
(for the third time) on New Year's Day. Not the worst way to kick of 2010. I'm not one to obsessively see shows, but have a couple of friends who needed to see the show before Aaron leaves on the third, and so, that's where I'll be on January first. I also have to get tickets for In The Heights
so I can take my cousin before Corbin Bleu shows up, and tickets to RSO at Joe's Pub before it sells out. January is going to be ridiculous.
03. On Sunday I'm getting a new puppy. A little Yorkshire Terrier. And I'm naming her Beyonce. And I'm so obsessed with this.
04. I should have more news after a week of absence. However, it has been a sweatpants week. A lot of movie/TVD watching, sleeping, reading, writing, icon-making. Absolute nothingness. I highly recommend it. It was great.
05. I started The Interrogative Mood by Padgett Powell two days ago and finished it today. If you haven't heard of it, no one really knows what to call it. It's totally comprised of questions, but it's not a book of questions. Not a novel either. It's unconventional. And Lord knows I love anything unconventional. It wasn't off-the-wall good, but I had an absolutely lovely time reading it, and there was one passage towards the beginning that I've probably read two dozen times, because I'm just in love with it:( It reads...Collapse )
So I am recommending that book, if you feel like just enjoying reading something different. And I hope you guys are all doing wonderfully. Later.